What is wave season?
Wave Season is the first 2 – 3 months of the year when cruise lines release their best promotions and open up their space for 2018. It is like Black Friday for cruises but without the camping out at midnight.
When is it the best time to book a cruise?
Booking early is always the way to get the best deal. It is not too late to book for 2017 and it would be ideal for 2018 to ensure you get the rooms you want at the absolute best value for your money. This year we have seen additional bonuses such as:
• Reduced Deposits
• Bonus Onboard Credit
• Discounted Upgrade Costs
• Complimentary: Specialty Dining, Shore Excursions, Beverage Packages, and WiFi Offerings.
What if I change my mind about which cruise I want to go on?
Most of the cruise lines offer refundable deposits, so there is very little risk and major reward!
What if I find a better rate in the future?
If the rate goes down before final payment, Harr Travel can rebook you and get the updated offer.
Why should I book with Harr Travel?
Harr Travel is now a part of The Travel Leaders Group With 40,000 travel agents and over $20 Billion a year in bookings, this gives us the bargaining power for the best rates and amenities for you. We have a dedicated in-house flights department to take care of all of your transportation needs. We always get you the best value for your money. During Wave season we are offering our Concierge Consultation at no cost.
What is the Harr Travel Concierge Consultation?
During Wave Season we are offering our Concierge Consultation at no cost, which includes:
- 30+ minute consultation with Danny, a Master Cruise Counselor.
- Short and long term travel planning.
- Curated options based directly upon the results of your consultation.
- $50 off your next cruise or tour booked through Harr Travel.
What are some of the current Wave Season promotions going right now?
Below is a collection of some my favorite Big Ship, Small Ship and Luxury Ocean, and River Cruise promos. There are terms and conditions for each sailing, give us a call and we will find the one that works the best for you.
Big Ship Cruises – Fun For the Whole Family
I was blown away by my time this past year on the biggest, most innovative ship ever built, Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas (pictured to the left). If you love having a ton of options for dining, activities, entertainment and more, one of these big ship options could be perfect for you!
New, innovative, extraordinary ships are here and they offer something for every member of the family. True high speed internet at sea, countless dining options from celebrity chefs, skydiving, surfing, full Broadway production shows, Ice Skating, robot bartenders, massive suites and more are now the norm. I am incredibly excited about the new ships that were launched this past year, especially those from Royal Caribbean, Princess, Carnival and Norwegian.
Royal Caribbean Winter Wanderer Sale
Book by Janurary 31 and recieve:
- 30% off standard cruise fare for all guests in a stateroom
- 50% reduced deposit
- Up to $150 instant savings per stateroom
- Bonus onboard credit per stateroom
- Anthem Free Upgrade – From Ocean View to Balcony on Anthem of the Seas sailings on or after March 1, 2017.
Princess 50th Anniversary Sale
Any cruise sailing summer 2017 through spring 2018,
- You will receive up to $600 of FREE onboard spending money (per stateroom)
- Free Specialty Dining on guests booked on a balcony or above.
Celebrity Sail Beyond Event
Book by January 31 for most sailings departing before April 30, 2018.
- First two guests choose 2 free perks
- Classic Beverage Package
- Prepaid Tips
- Unlimited Wi-Fi
- $150 to spend on board.
- Additional guests in your stateroom gets a Classic Non-alcoholic Beverage Package and a 40-minute Internet Package
Norwegian Cruise Line Free at Sea
Choose up to 5 free offers (amount based on room category):
- Unlimited Open Bar
- Specialty Dining
- Shore Excursions
- Friends & Family Sail Free (on select sailings)
Disney Cruise Lines Behind the Waves
Offer valid on any new reservation for a 7-night or longer Disney cruise departing between June 17, 2017 and December 30, 2017
- 50% off your initial deposit
Smaller and Luxury Ships – Exclusive Ports and Luxury Service
My two favorite cruise experiences of the year were sailing on the Oceania Regatta this summer in Alaska and sailing with my family onboard Holland America’s Westerdam to Mexico. Oceania blew me away with their service, food (this is where the REALLY stand out), and plush bedding. Their ability to adapt and accommodate to our needs also was very noticeable and appreciated.
While the big ship cruise lines were building new, massive ships, many of the small, midsize and luxury ships received some major makeovers and product improvements. Some of these major upgrades were to higher speed internet, luxury upgrades to finer linens and soft products, upgraded menus and specialty dining, as well as new on shore experiential offerings. There are also two brand new Super Luxury ships that were introduced in ’16, the Regent Seven Seas Explorer and the Silverseas Silver Muse. They are considered the most luxurious cruise ships ever built.
Holland America View and Verandah Upgrade Event
Book by Feburary 28th on select cruises to receive:
- Stateroom upgrades
- Up to $500 onboard spending money
- Up to 10% off select Journeys Ashore when booked before March 15.
- Free prepaid gratuities when you book a suite.
Oceania OLife Choice
On most cruise itineraries departing Janurary 2017 to November 2018 receive the OLife Choice package which inclides:
- Free Unlimited internet
- Plus a choice of:
- Free Shore excursions
- Free House Beverage Package
- Shipboard Credit
Seabourn Signature Savings Event
- 50% Reduced deposits
- $200USD per suite shipboard credit on select Europe voyages
- $1,000USD per suite shipboard credit for penthouse and premium suites.
- Complimentary veranda suite upgrades
Azamara Club Cruises BOGO Half Off Sale
Book Select Voyages Between Now And March 31, 2017
- Buy one Get one HALF OFF
- Free Internet
Crystal Cruises Crystal Clear Choices
Book by March 31
- Cruise Fare Savings of up to $1,000 per person
- Air Credit of up to $1,100 per person; or avail of Crystal Sky Savings featuring $249 per person Economy Class Air add-on; or, low-cost Business Class Air add-on for just $999 per person
- Shipboard Credit of up to $1,250 per person
River Cruises – See Europe, Africa, or Asia while in Luxury
My favorite river cruise experience of 2016 was sailing during Tulip Time with AMA Waterways. Here is a picture of me with Kristin Karst, Executive Vice President & Co-Owner of AmaWaterways, aboard the stunning AmaPrima. This was my first time cruising with AMA and their product is impeccable. The food was far and away the best I have ever had on a river cruise, or any cruise for that matter.
The river cruise lines have been building ships like crazy over the last several years (Viking alone has launched over 50 ships in the past 5 years) and the big winners are you, the customer. With so many ships to fill, the major river cruise lines are offering new, innovative itineraries, spectacular products and even better pricing. I am highly anticipating Crystal Cruises entry into the river cruise market with new ships that offer unprecedented inclusions and luxury.
AMAWaterways European River Cruise Sale
- Up to $2000 off per stateroom on the following itineraries
- Bordeaux River
- Mekong – Vietnam and Cambodia
- The Enchanting Rhine
Viking River Cruises New Choice Offer
Book by January 31 and on select itineraries receive:
- 2 for 1 Cruise Fares
- Airfare from $295
- New “Choice” Offer:
- Free beverage package or
- $400 shipboard credit per stateroom or
- Prepaid onboard gratuities
Avalon Waterways Ah-Mazing Views Sales Event
- Save 40% On Select 2017 France Cruises
- Plus $300 off per couple on Select
- Air-Inclusive 2017 Cruises
- Save $2,000 To Europe In 2017
- Plus $300 Off Per Couple On Select
- Air-inclusive 2017 Cruises.